Tuesday, November 20, 2007

rippled scarf

This is a really simple construction using the
Ripple Stitch from Sterlings "Big Book of Knitting Patterns" (For those who think the Walker Treasury books are too expensive, there's a lot in this one too). I was asked to type it out, so here you go. I added the stitch pattern to a diagram since I find those easier to read. Just give it a 5 row/ 4 sts garter stitch border and it will look fabulous! It lies flat. Boys love the simplicity of it. The pattern is easy to memorize.

Yarn: I don't actually remember the yarn for the first scarf I made, but I have used Visjö from Östergötlands Ullspinneri. This means that for example Araucania Nature wool or Garnstudios Karisma should give you approximately the same gauge. Gauge measuring is not crucial here, as long as it looks good.
I used about 300 grams making the "wider scarf" and it got pretty long, so yarn usage is 250 - 400 grams simply depending on what you use this pattern for.



Cast on for
- regular scarf 35 sts.
- wider scarf 40 sts
- stole 50 sts

Knit 5 rows. Then work pattern until desired length.
Knit 5 rows. Cast off.

Weave in ends, press with a steam iron under a towel, proudly show it off to your friends and post it on your blog (and on Ravelry).

Here's the diagram:

Pattern repeat framed by red lines.




This is a very portable project...

No comments: